Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Kaysville Cemetery


On Memorial Day it is tradition that we drive to Kaysville, UT to visit some of Debbie's family graves.  It is a wonderful experience to visit with her Grandma and to see some of the family there.
The irony is even though we have done this for years, we still learn something new every time.
This is Debbie's grandpa's headstone, Glen Webster Hill. He passed away Sep 1993.  This is the first stop that we make at the Kaysville cemetery. Everyone gathers here. This year I noticed that there was a flag decorating the grave. I had not realized that Debbie's grandpa had served during WWII. Nor had she.  It seems that he was in the Marine Corps attending Officer Candidate School in Colorado. This was short lived as he was needed home on the farm. I never knew him but have never heard a disparaging word.
 
 
 
 
 
 
After meeting at Glen's grave we then go over to Glen's parents' graves;
 Leonard Hill and M. Blanche Webster
 


 
I had heard that Leonard had served in WWI. I wasn't aware of all the details. It seems that he was a member of the U.S. Army cavalry. By the time he made it overseas the war was over.
 
The normal family tour stops here. A couple of years ago Nancy, Debbie's mom had shown me where Blanche's parents and grandparents were buried.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment